Hi! Happy Valentine’s Day, readers! I am a big fan of celebrating all the people in your life that you love – romantically or otherwise. I am also a big fan of sweets and the color pink and getting fun mail, so I am in favor of this holiday. I sent cutesy Disney valentines to my best friends and hid a few for The Playwright around the house before I left for tour, and (shhh) I’m planning to give some to the other Breathless Reads girls tomorrow too…And in my heart of hearts, all my readers are my valentines too! Xoxoxo!
Anyway – today we’re also celebrating the release of C.J. Flood’s INFINITE SKY.
They say: A truly beautiful book about the summer that changed one girl’s life, as her mum leaves home, travellers set up camp in the family’s field, her older brother goes off the rails, and she falls in love for the very first time. Opening with a funeral, Iris is mourning the boy in the casket – but who is it? Sam, her tearaway brother, or Trick, her tentative boyfriend? Over one long hot summer, we find out just how their three lives were turned upside-down.
I say: I haven’t had a chance to read this yet, but I love the sound of it – romantic & whimsical & mysterious!
Now for our interview with C.J.:
1. Describe your main character in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Iris is a curious, adventurous, open-hearted sister.
Trick is a tough, sensitive, spirited Irish traveler.
2. Describe your book in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Heartbreaking, adventurous, tragic romance
3. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives + a noun.
I am a hardworking, lazy, conflicted writer. (JS: HA! Me too.)
4. If you could travel to any 3 countries, what would they be?
America, Japan, and Russia
5. If you could take any 3 non-writing-related classes, what would they be?
Drawing, singing, dancing
6. If you could have any 3 alternate careers, what would they be?
Artist, psychiatrist, tree surgeon
7. What are your 3 favorite flowers?
Convolvulus, bluebell, daisy
8. What are your 3 favorite foods?
Spaghetti, tomatoes, cheese (JS: yes please!)
9. What are your 3 favorite books?
WUTHERING HEIGHTS, HOW I LIVE NOW, and ANNA KARENINA
Excellent! Thanks so much for stopping by, C.J., and I hope you’re having an amazing debut week!