Today we’re celebrating the release of Kate Karyus Quinn’s ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE!
The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard’s PRETTY LITTLE LIARS series in Kate Karyus Quinn’s haunting debut.
On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.
A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn’t know who she is. She doesn’t know how she got there.
She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.
Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese’s fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.
I say: I haven’t read this one yet, but it sounds super-spooky and different! And I LOVE the cover!
Now for our interview with Kate:
1. Describe your main character in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Annaliese is a confused, broken, but strong girl.
2. Describe your book in 3 adjectives + a noun.
ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE is a creepy, haunting, and ultimately hopeful novel.
3. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives + a noun.
I’m an introverted, daydreaming, neurotic writer.
4. If you could travel to any 3 countries, what would they be?
Italy, Ireland, and France
5. If you could take any 3 non-writing-related classes, what would they be?
Theatre (technically I already did that), history, and sociology (JS: yay for theatre-people-turned-YA-writers!)
6. If you could have any 3 alternate careers, what would they be?
Psychologist, actress, or mad scientist
7. What are your 3 favorite flowers?
Lilacs, tulips, and daffodils
8. What are your 3 favorite foods?
Pepperoni pizza, chocolate cake, and Belgian waffles
9. What are your 3 favorite books?
WHEN YOU REACH ME by Rebecca Stead, ON THE JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta, and THE DISREPUTABLE HISTORY OF FRANKIE LANDAU-BANKS by E. Lockhart (JS: one of my all-time favorites too!)
Happy book birthday, Kate! I hope you’re having an awesome release day!