Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added to my TBR (From Edelweiss)
Yay, I actually remembered to post this Top Ten Tuesday on Tuesday!
One of my favorite librarian perks is that now I get early access to e-galleys through Edelweiss! I don’t write reviews per se, but I do try to share the books I love across my social medias, with teen and tween readers at the library, and via the DCPL Twitter chat I run. (That’s #DCPLnewYA, every fourth Tuesday of the month, at 4pm. Next week we’ll be talking about December & January releases as well as the ALA Youth Media Award winners. Join us?)
Anyway, here are the Top 10 spring Edelweiss e-galleys I can’t wait to get to:
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (releases February 2). I loved Ruta’s Out of the Easy. Immersive historical YA at its best.
- Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin (releases February 2) A gender-fluid protagonist. And my friend Robin blurbed it.
- Behold the Bones by Natalie Parker (releases February 23) Southern Gothic? Yes, please.
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (releases March 1) Sherlock retelling! Yay! Plus a boarding school. Boarding school mysteries are kinda my jam.
- Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston (releases March 15) Um, Veronica Mars meets Shakespeare? The star cheerleader who’s also the pregnant pariah? This sounds amazing.
- A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry (releases March 16) Nova Ren Suma blurbed this! That’s enough for me, honestly.
- The Skylighter by Becky Wallace (releases March 22) I blurbed book 1 in this series, The Storyspinner, and can’t wait to see what happens in the sequel!
- South of Sunshine by Dana Elmendorf (releases April 1) I want to read more lesbian YA. Yay stories all about girls!
- Fiona by Meredith Moore (releases April 5) A thriller that takes place in Scotland.
- Daughters of Ruin by K.D. Castner (releases April 5) Four fierce princesses of enemy kingdoms who’ve been raised as sisters? Whaaat. That’s a great hook.
What about you? What’s on your TBR?
Also, is it gross to say that my new book, Wild Swans, is also up on Edelweiss now? Request away! I mean, if you want? (Ugh. Promo is so uncomfortable.)