Hi! I am full of promotional tidbits today.
1. I am doing an event next Saturday afternoon at 4pm at One More Page Books in Arlington, VA with my friend, super-fab YA author Miranda Kenneally (CATCHING JORDAN). Even if you already have my book, you should come check out hers! We will answer questions about writing and our books and sign things for you. One More Page is a fantastic independent bookstore that sells books for all ages — not to mention wine and some seriously delicious chocolates (apple cider caramels? OM NOM).
2. I did an interview this week with I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, in which I reveal intriguing things like how I react to bad reviews, how I celebrated my book deal, and what TV show I am mildly embarrassed to watch.
3. I did another interview this week with Mostly YA Book Obsessed, in which I reveal the short stories I’d love to write in the Cahill world and what I think are Maura, Tess, and Cate’s best and worst character traits.
4. I won’t usually post about reviews, but here are three that made me really happy, from Good Books and Good Wine (best blog title ever?), Forever YA, and Alice Marvels.
5. Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who’s been reading and reviewing BORN WICKED, and to those of you who’ve taken the time to email me and tell me how much you loved it. It makes me SO happy. For those who are wondering, I don’t have an official release date for book two but it will be early spring 2013. I DO have a title, and hopefully I’ll be allowed to announce it soon?
6. This has nothing to do with my book but I am so excited for the HUNGER GAMES movie. A bunch of my friends and I have tickets for a Friday night showing, and I’m even dragging The Playwright along. I just bought a CINNA SAID I SHOULD WEAR THIS SHIRT t-shirt from Etsy. And I’m seriously debating some Hunger Games nail polish too. I’m currently torn between Riveting and Smoke & Ashes.