Sorry for the blog silence lately! Lots of things have been going on behind the scenes:
1. I went on a lovely retreat last week that wasn’t very productive but was super-fun and soul-refreshing. I love my writer friends. There was lots of wine and awesome conversation. I also missed a step and fell, and tomorrow I’m going to the doctor to make sure the top of my foot isn’t fractured. Fingers crossed!
2. I’m still planning to do a Craft Week on the blog – next week! I’m thinking Monday will be where (pictures of my office + coffee shop); Tuesday – how (the programs and blogs I find useful); Wednesday – when (my night owl status plus finding time and what I do when I’m stuck); Thursday – misc Q&A; Friday – interview with my critique partner Kathleen Foucart on her writing process. If you have any writing process questions you’d like me to answer, leave them in the comments!
3. I’m going to Boston this week! I’m going to be reading and signing at Brookline Booksmith on Saturday at 7pm along with 5 other awesome debut authors: Gina Damico (CROAK), Emily Danforth (THE MISEDUCATION OF CAMERON POST), A.C. Gaughen (SCARLET), Elisa Ludwig (PRETTY CROOKED), and E.C. Myers (FAIR COIN). If you’re in the area, please come by! I’ll also be attending and rabidly fangirling Kristin Cashore at her Harvard Bookstore signing on Thursday. I’m so excited to go back to Boston — it’s one of my favorite cities.
Part of the reason for the blog silence has been that exciting things are happening and I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to share. But Editor Ari says I can! Yay!
4. So, update the first: The BORN WICKED paperback is now available for pre-order on Amazon. It says the release date is January 8, 2013, which seems about right. But it also shows the hardback cover — which is NOT right. BORN WICKED is getting an all-new, witchier look for paperback! I’ll be honest — I love the first cover and I was a little worried. But I got to see an early cover comp last week and the new direction is really, really stunning and it might fit the book even better! It’s a little darker, spookier. Less sexy, but still featuring a powerful girl. And Penguin’s going to do a photo shoot to find a model who looks like Cate! I can’t wait to see. I really hope you guys will be excited with me!
5. And update the second — I have a new release date for STAR CURSED! Because of the repackaging — and because we’re trying to make sure STAR CURSED is the absolute best book it can be — it’s been pushed back a season. The new date is June 13, 2013. I am sad that it is so far away, but I want to make sure that the book we give you is amazing. I have been working hard to make it the very best I can. I want it to be better than BORN WICKED — with a faster pace and more surprises and more kissing and more wonderful friendships and more sisterly betrayal and more heartbreak! I hope it will be worth the wait.