1. Thanks to everyone who participated in my Fall Breathless Reads contest! The winner is Geek Girl! But stay tuned because I’m having another contest tomorrow for one of my favorite books of 2012!
2. Did I tell you guys Penguin is doing a cover shoot for the new BORN WICKED paperback — and for STAR CURSED and book 3 at the same time? I got to see potential models for Cate, Maura, and Tess last week and I love them! They look so much like my girls. I can’t wait to see pictures from the shoot!
3. BORN WICKED sold rights in Indonesia and Turkey last week! Yay!
4. Last week I went on an amazing writing retreat with the spring Breathless Reads girls — Andrea Cremer, Marie Lu, and Beth Revis. We stayed at Andrea’s family’s lake house in Minnesota and it was gorgeous. Nothing makes me happier than the sound of waves! And Andrea’s mom was the most generous hostess ever. Every night we ate fresh strawberry rhubarb pie, drank wine, talked, and played cutthroat Canasta. (Beth is a Canasta wizard, you guys.) We got a fair bit of work done but we also had a wonderful time catching up and talking about our current and future projects and books and movies. I came away with a list of things to watch before our next retreat, so I can properly understand conversations about the following: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (I am apparently Fluttershy), Cabin in the Woods, Game of Thrones, and Legend of Korra. I miss the girls already. I’m so grateful that I’ve gotten to know them, because they are all fun and hilarious and smart and generous. Here’s a picture from our impromptu photo shoot!
5. Next week I’m going to be in NYC! With time to actually hang out and be touristy! The last two times I’ve been to NYC it’s been for tour and I had no time to explore the city. Already on my itinerary: two Amanda Palmer concerts (The Playwright and I backed her Kickstarter), seeing the musical Once with Agent Awesome Jim (so excited!), lunch with Amazing Editor Ari, visiting The Strand, visiting with Andrea, hanging out with some friends…What else should I do? Any restaurant recommendations? I’m staying in Brooklyn, if that helps…