Hi! Wow, isn’t May so full of bookish deliciousness?
Today we’re celebrating the release of Natalie Whipple’s TRANSPARENT, which comes out TODAY! I’ve been a longtime reader and lurker at Natalie’s awesome blog, so I’m excited to help her celebrate!
An invisible girl is a priceless weapon. Fiona’s own father has been forcing her to do his dirty work for years—everything from spying on people to stealing cars to breaking into bank vaults.
After sixteen years, Fiona’s had enough. She and her mother flee to a small town, and for the first time in her life, Fiona feels like a normal life is within reach. But Fiona’s father isn’t giving up that easily.
Of course, he should know better than anyone: never underestimate an invisible girl.
I haven’t read it yet, but the hook of an invisible girl is pretty incredible. And how striking is the cover? This one’s been on my must-buy list since the deal was announced!
Now for our interview with Natalie:
1. Describe your main character in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Fiona is an invisible, distrustful, vulnerable ex-thief.
2. Describe your book in 3 adjectives + a noun.
TRANSPARENT is a quirky, fast-paced, superhuman story.
3. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives + a noun.
I am a Kdrama-loving, anime-drawing, introverted foodie.
4. If you could travel to any 3 countries, what would they be?
New Zealand, Japan, and Korea
5. If you could take any 3 non-writing-related classes, what would they be?
Cooking, gardening, and art
6. If you could have any 3 alternate careers, what would they be?
Chef, artist, horticulturist (sensing a theme here?)
7. What are your 3 favorite flowers?
Ranunculus, snapdragons, lilacs
8. What are your 3 favorite foods?
Sushi, curry (all kinds), bulgogi
9. What are your 3 favorite books?
THE GIVER, FLASH BURNOUT, INTO THE WILD NERD YONDER
Thank you for joining us, Natalie! Hope you have an amazing week!