I meant to post this yesterday, but then I fell into a tryptophan coma. Seriously, I went to bed at like 9:30. That’s what happens when you have not one, not two, but three Thanksgiving dinners.
* my mom’s Bavarian Berry tea
* sleeping under my soft blue college comforter in my old canopy bed
* three fabulous Thanksgiving dinners, the culinary highlights of which were, respectively:
* herbed sweet potato gratin with Gruyere, baked mac and cheese, and a zucchini casserole
* debating favorite pies with friends (mine is blackberry, closely followed by cherry crumb)
* the four fuzzy kittens on the front porch
* my dad and Uncle Mike’s goofy dances as they competed on the Wii
* my stoic grandfather’s mischevious stories from his boyhood
* texting Steve throughout the day
* Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead (fabulous world-building, super-suspenseful plot)
* Steve agreeing to host a New Year’s Eve party at our place (two big parties in eleven days, woot!)
* remembering my grandmother with smiles instead of tears (mostly)
* laughing about the Twilight movie with my sisters
And tonight I have tacos and a fireplace fire and crazy cats and family game night to look forward to. And Steve’s here now, back from a flying trip to his parents’. I am a grateful, grateful girl.