Ooh, today is full of thankfulness!
- For shiny new words. Last week I was at 3K. Now I’m at 10K. I’m trying to get into the habit of writing at least 1000 words a day most days.
- For Dr. Wicked’s Write or Die writing lab. I am so easily distracted by Gchat or Facebook or using the online thesaurus. I’m forever tempted to get up and fetch some more Coke Zero or some hand lotion or whatnot. And I will polish a paragraph to death–before I even know whether it’s going to make sense and even stay. I’ve been setting Write or Die to Kamikaze for an hour and it’s been really helpful in keeping me focused.
- For my brilliant husband, who just read a pivotal ten pages for me. And then he grinned and I was all, "What’s wrong?" and he said, "I think this is my favorite chapter you’ve written. It does exactly what you want it to do perfectly." Um. I wait for his feedback with squirmy nervousness because he really is critical, and he will not hesitate to tell me if something’s not working. That is a highly-coveted compliment.
- For Lady Gaga. I know I’m a little late to this, but seriously. I can’t stop listening to this album. "Boys boys boys. We like boys in cars. Boys boys boys. Buy us drinks in bars. Boys boys boys. With hairspray and denim. We love them! We love them!" I can’t stop!
- For my job. It’s been kind of frustrating this week as I do a bunch of accounting, trying to reconcile book subventions and payments to translators from 2006. But I’m lucky to have a job in this economy.
- For cheese. Yeah. I know, a little random. But I had a cheese danish this afternoon and cheesy risotto for dinner. Nom.