Hi all! Today we’re celebrating the release (last week, while I was in the deadline cave) of Erin Jade Lange’s BUTTER.
I haven’t had a chance to read this yet, but it sounds powerful: A lonely obese boy everyone calls “Butter” is about to make history. He is going to eat himself to death-live on the Internet-and everyone is invited to watch. When he first makes the announcement online to his classmates, Butter expects pity, insults, and possibly sheer indifference. What he gets are morbid cheerleaders rallying around his deadly plan. Yet as their dark encouragement grows, it begins to feel a lot like popularity. And that feels good. But what happens when Butter reaches his suicide deadline? Can he live with the fallout if he doesn’t go through with his plans? With a deft hand, E.J. Lange allows readers to identify with both the bullies and the bullied in this all-consuming look at one teen’s battle with himself.
1. Describe your main character in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Butter is a sharp, sarcastic, lonely saxophonist.
2. Describe your book in 3 adjectives + a noun.
BUTTER is a dark, funny, realistic journey.
3. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives + a noun.
I am a talkative, opinionated, obsessive-compulsive list maker. (JS: I love lists!)
4. If you could travel to any 3 countries, what would they be?
South Africa, French Polynesia, New Zealand (good question, as I’m planning my honeymoon!)
5. If you could take any 3 non-writing-related classes, what would they be?
Photography, Economics, HTML Coding
6. If you could have 3 alternate careers, what would they be?
Travel agent, Professional poker player, Game designer
7. What are 3 of your favorite flowers?
(I’m trying to think of 3 different ways to say I don’t have a favorite flower.)
8. What are 3 of your favorite foods?
Indian, My mom’s spaghetti, and Soup (any soup!) (JS: I looooove soup!)
9. What are 3 of your favorite books?
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEXT, LORD OF THE RINGS, BLUBBER
Thanks so much for stopping by, Erin! I hope you’re enjoying your debut month!