Hi! Today we’re celebrating the release of Emma Pass’s ACID, which came out last Thursday in the UK!
2113. In Jenna Strong’s world, ACID – the most brutal, controlling police force in history – rule supreme. No throwaway comment or muttered dissent goes unnoticed – or unpunished. And it was ACID agents who locked Jenna away for life, for a bloody crime she struggles to remember.
The only female inmate in a violent high-security prison, Jenna has learned to survive by any means necessary. And when a mysterious rebel group breaks her out, she must use her strength, speed and skill to stay one step ahead of ACID – and to uncover the truth about what really happened on that dark night two years ago.
I say: EEP! I haven’t gotten to read ACID yet but it sounds thrilling, doesn’t it?
Now for our interview with Emma:
1. Describe your main character in 3 adjectives + a noun.
Jenna is a kick-ass, no-nonsense, unlikely heroine.
2. Describe your book in 3 adjectives + a noun.
ACID is a dark, twisty, surprising thriller.
3. Describe yourself in 3 adjectives + a noun.
I’m a wordy, adventurous, bookaholic daydreamer. (JS: I love this!)
4. If you could travel to any 3 countries, what would they be?
Switzerland, Costa Rica, and Japan
5. If you could take any 3 non-writing-related classes, what would they be?
Sculpture, garden design, shoemaking
6. If you could have any 3 alternate careers, what would they be?
Artist, musician, paleontologist
7. What are your 3 favorite flowers?
Lavender, lilac, roses (JS: I love roses and lavender too! Though I unfailingly spell lavender with an a…)
8. What are your 3 favorite foods?
Chicken, cheesecake, anything containing chocolate!
9. What are your 3 favorite books?
THE PASSAGE by Justin Cronin, NORTHERN LIGHTS by Philip Pullman, EMILY OF NEW MOON by LM Montgomery (JS: I love EMILY OF NEW MOON too! Yay!)
Thanks so much for stopping by, Emma! I hope you’re having a wonderful debut week!