Hi! I am FULL of STAR CURSED news today!
1. Penguin Teen is giving away copies of STAR CURSED on Facebook. (You have to “like” their page to enter.)
2. Kirkus gave STAR CURSED a very positive review! Waiting for the first trade review to come can be a little nervous-making, especially so when it’s from Kirkus, which has a reputation of being a trifle harsh. I am very grateful for their review, which says things like “genuinely surprising twist” “page-turning” and “a strong sequel!” Yay!
3. The German cover for STAR CURSED (aka STERNENFLUCH) is up! It continues the German (and US) hardcover look with another photograph by Alexandra Sophie. What do you think? I think it’s gorgeous and sexy and I love it! It comes out mid-August.
4. STAR CURSED is available for review on NetGalley. You can request it here. Note: I have no idea what Penguin’s criteria for approving people is, and I let that totally up to them, so I cannot intervene on your behalf if you haven’t been approved. Sorry!
5. I got over 500 responses for my bookish social media survey! Thank you to everyone who responded. I have been so busy drafting book 3 that I haven’t compiled the responses yet, but I WILL. I’m planning some blog posts on that next week but first:
6. I’m taking a mini-vaca with The Playwright! We’re going to the Poconos and we’re going to play mini golf and go hiking and I’m going to get a massage while he goes to the casino and also we are going to read lots and play board games. We aren’t even taking our computers! I am more excited about that part than I should be. I can’t remember the last time I took a few days in a row totally off, without writing or doing promo or writing-related emails – and didn’t feel guilty about it. Maybe back at Christmas?
7. Now that I’ve finished my draft, I’m hoping to take a break to refill the well and read all the books! On my immediate TBR pile: THE LUCY VARIATIONS, THE 5TH WAVE, THE S-WORD, THE HEIRESSES, DARE YOU TO, GOING VINTAGE, NANTUCKET BLUE, and ACROSS A STAR-SWEPT SEA. What’s on yours?